A Day at Skyterra Young Adult
From the cascading waterfalls of Looking Glass Falls and lush green rhododendron that surrounds every trail to massive mountains that seem to go on forever, you’ll beautiful scenery on campus.
But there’s more to the Skyterra Young Adult treehouse on the mountaintop than its beauty. Join us for nutrition and movement classes, while daily therapy helps you on your journey of healing. Learn more about who you are through our yoga and mindfulness practice. Along the way you’ll dance, laugh and make the sweetest of memories.
Want to learn more? Click HERE to view a sample weekly schedule.
Rise and shine: 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Start your day off right with a community of young adults who are all working to become their favorite version of themselves. Here we set intentions and have one-on-one planning sessions to ensure that you will meet your goals.
- Wake up and begin with your own personal morning routine
- Circle up with the group to set intentions and read the daily schedule
- Participate in Connect, a mindfulness practice consisting of mobility, stretching and breathwork
- Breakfast with the community
- Get ready for the day ahead.
Movement, Nutrition and Self-Care: 9 a.m. to noon
These aren’t your average fitness and nutrition classes. Think jamming to music, cheering on your friends, hiking, dancing and organizing throughout your Skyterra Young Adult journey. In your program, you will have the opportunity to learn from our licensed dietitians and fitness specialists.
- Campus walks
- Fitness and nutrition classes
- Hikes through Dupont, Pisgah, and the Nantahala National Forest (otherwise known as the land of the waterfalls)
- Adventure yoga at destinations with all of the views
- Pickleball, swimming and massage therapy at Skyterra Wellness Retreat, named a top three wellness retreat in the nation every year since 2017!
Learning and Growing: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Become a student of self-care and an expert on the Five Pillars of Wellness. This is your journey, use this time to absorb all of the infinite wisdom that our clinical team has to offer. Reflect on your past, current and future to help navigate who you want to become.
- Culinary education and practice
- Reflection group
- Letter-writing time
- Private nutrition, therapy and fitness sessions.
Dinner Prep and Evening Routine: 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
At Skyterra Young Adult we start and end each day as a family. This is our time to reflect on our day and be proud of ourselves for all that we have accomplished.
- Make dinner as a community
- Family-style dinner using the Skyterra Plate
- Guest-led conversations
- Painting, macrame, journaling, movies and games
- Off to your bedroom or apartment for self-care time before lights out.
Skyterra Young Adult values Mother Nature and the adventure inherent in our natural world. For this reason, we love to adventure in the great outdoors.
- Goat yoga
- Paddle boarding
- Foraging classes
- Sustainability classes
- Hikes and views
- Themed dinner parties
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Workouts in the woods
- Campfires and good conversations
- Rock climbing.
Still not sure? Try our free Jumpstart program at home.
Are you tired of feeling stuck? Ready to catalyze real change in your life but don’t know where to start?
Click below to start the Skyterra Young Adult Jumpstart Challenge, your five-day crash course in jump-starting your journey to a healthier, more confident you.
With this FREE, inside scoop into the therapeutic wellness program at Skyterra Young Adult you will receive:
- Instructor-led yoga class
- Guided meditation
- Culinary education videos
- Workout routines.